I just recieved my free Oceanic salt

Did anyone else recieve there free samples yet? And I would like to know if you guys want me to mix and test there salt mix. And I would like to here about other test done on this mix. Thanks

EdgeKrusher

Please do mix it and test it. I would also like to see the results of other test, for comparison purposes.

Thanks

EK

jks1

Havent got mine yet- but will test it when I do. If several people do this we can compare..

addict

What would be interesting is a cross-comparison between the free sample salt mix and the 'over-the-counter' stuff...
You gotta know that the free sample stuff is going to reviewers and the like, so they want to put on as good of a showing as possible... now if that continues on down the road we'll just have to wait and see.
One of my few moments of pessimism... :D

mick77

Just received mine yesterday. Trying to free up some time to do some tests. As soon as I do, I will post my results.

dgasmd

Where did you sign up to get a free sample? I have seen posts about this new salt, but nobod has said what the big rave is all about? Is it cheaper, better, just new, what?

Gina

RS STAFF
Still no salt here either. But, when and if it does come in, we will also run test on it.

birdman204

Too bad there aren't any controls on this experiment. The FW used by all is definatley not gonna come from the same place.. .. I suggest testing FW params first then add the salt, and then test again... Some could be using RO/DI while others are using tap... I know, but some still do and swear by it, I swear....

birdman204

Oh yeah, test the SW at 2 different times as well. then do an average for better results. :p I use Bio sea so I won't be trying this out. sorry ....

Gina

RS STAFF
Someone had also mentioned that there may be a difference in the free samples that we get and the bags that are out there for purchase. I've seen it at our LFS and for a small bag it's only $1.99. It would be worth it to try a bag for purchase and also the free sample to make sure they are of the same quality.

wooddood

the wood dude
i signed up for the free sample too but after a lot of thought have decided not use it even if i ever do get it.i use io now and no problems so far.so as i always say,if it aint broke dont fix it.if anyone wants mine if i ever get it let me know and you can have it.

birdman204

Nice try Dingo, your GCMS, Needs to be recalibrated and a new SA screen..... Loser..... I saw some at the LFS in a 5 gallon jug, is this already mixed? Don't forget salinities, PO4 tests, and nitrate tests as well!

I will be testing this weekend, I will mix a gallon and test with salifert test kits, Ca,Mag,Phos,Nitrate,Kh. When I finish I will share my results.