I got some new eye candy yesterday!

lgerold

I fell in love with a couple favias on the Reefer Madness website ( http://www.reefermadness.us ), over the weekend. I've never ordered from them before, but since they had some nice stuff on sale, I decided to give them a try. I'm sure glad I did!

Their packaging was superb. Each coral was individually bagged, in EIGHT bags. Even though it was about 0 degrees F outside, the corals were nice and warm, with 3 heat packs. The corals were in incredible condition. And, they also included two free frags too!

Here are the four items I ordered - I saved the BEST for last:

First, a bright yellow leather (still developing polyp extension) -
yellow_leather_013107.jpg

Second, a beautiful green leather (I can't get the color right on the photo) -
green_leather_013107.jpg

Third - a turquois Favia -
turquois_favia_013107.jpg

Fourth - my favorite, a red and electric green Favia -
red_and_green_favia_013107.jpg

Below are the two frags that came free with the order.
Can you help me ID them?

I think the first is perhaps a Scroll Coral:
reef_madness_frag_2_013107.jpg

Below is the second one. Is this a purple encrusting Montipora?
reef_madness_frag_1_013107.jpg

I sure couldn't be happier with this order!

spanglish

Nothing beats freebies! That first one could be a pagoda without its
polyps extended. Just a guess.

SueT

I agree with you about the frist freebie being a scroll, the second does look like a montipora but is it loosing tissue?? Very nice pieces. RM is a great place for good corals.

lgerold

Hi!

These corals have settled in very well. The "purple" one has a lush coating of brown (dang!) polyps all over. The purple color is also deepening. I've placed it up high under the lights.

When I first ran across RM on the web a few months ago, it seemed such an odd site that I was kinda afraid to buy. Descriptions like:
My Daughter was nice enough to provide us with the Green Stuff coming out of her nose, Toxic Green Lobophytum sp.

crack me up!