i got a new camera! woohoo!!

althea2you

lol... sorry! i am just way to excited! i got the Canon 40D... oh my gosh.. i love it! i have the 20D also, so this is a bit of an upgrade. i have had the 20D for 3 years and i scratched the sensor.. UGH! terrible... so before our vacation we wanted a new camera with no worries of having to retouch the area i scratched on the sensor ON every picture. so yeah! i LOCE IT!!!!!

BarbMazz

lol... sorry! i am just way to excited! i got the Canon 40D... oh my gosh.. i love it! i have the 20D also, so this is a bit of an upgrade. i have had the 20D for 3 years and i scratched the sensor.. UGH! terrible... so before our vacation we wanted a new camera with no worries of having to retouch the area i scratched on the sensor ON every picture. so yeah! i LOCE IT!!!!!

I wanna know if you scratched the sensor with a candy wrapper......?

Congratulations!! Take a picture of your new camera with your old camera so we can see it!

althea2you

I wanna know if you scratched the sensor with a candy wrapper......?

Congratulations!! Take a picture of your new camera with your old camera so we can see it!

LMFAO! omg.. my husband would die if he saw this!!! hmmm life insurance?! JUST KIDDING!!!!!!! BAD joke... omg im rolling... a candy wrapper! ok.. ill get a pic up here in a min...

and to everyone else... thank you! yes im so excited! i really looked around at what i wanted verse what i needed... like the 5D would have been spectacular... but its not a necessity and the 40D is more what i need.. the new rebel xSi which is a huge upgrade from the xTi had more pixels, but isnt as fast and it doesn't have some of the options i really wanted. so the 40D it was! and there is a new lens that came out from canon that comes with the kit.. and it has the stabalizer option on it. how cool is that!?!!! cool i tell ya! :D

althea2you

ok, here is the new camera...

and here are a few pics of the new rics with the new camera... ha! i didnt have time today to really play with it and get some really good pictures... so i will probably do that tomorrow.. allthough i like taking pictures of my kids more... check this one out of my daughter..OT sorry

_mg_9050sized.jpg

ok, back on topic...

40Dsized.jpg

40Dbacksized.jpg

the light blue, the green and the orange are my new ones...

allthericssized.jpg

the green one up close and personal

greenricordeasized.jpg

framerguy

Wow Sarah, that Pic of you daughter is ART!! OMG, Very Well done!! I thought you had good glass because of the quality of the pics. It's a Canon lense and not an aftermarket, right? Oh yeah, nice rics too, 'specially that last shot. Have fun!

althea2you

Wow Sarah, that Pic of you daughter is ART!! OMG, Very Well done!! I thought you had good glass because of the quality of the pics. It's a Canon lense and not an aftermarket, right? Oh yeah, nice rics too, 'specially that last shot. Have fun!

yeah i have all canon lenses, except for a wide angle zoom(which i really dont like very much) and thats a Tamron. i am looking into the sigma 28 or 30 mm f/1.8 right now. i would go for a canon one of those.. but i dont really want to pay 2-3 thousand dollars for it... especially not having a full frame sensor like the 5D or the mark ID series....if i did, i wouldnt get the full spectrum it is supposed to give, so i will go with sigma which is WAY cheaper, but still a great lens. i would really love the canon ones though! HA! and if i were ever to get my hands on a slr Leica... oh lord! i'd be in trouble! the glass on Leicas are Amazing! ok, annyway!!1 thank you for the compliments on my daughter picture... i try very hard at making every picture i take a "good" one. some are just snapshots, but i really try to make every picture look like i try! ok... i can really ramble when i get on the topic of photography... loce it loce loce it.. since i was little! and my kids do too! so i love to see that!

JWarren

"A camera is only as good as the photographers ability to recreate what is seen in his or her minds eye. Understanding that with out light there is no image and the minipulation of that light is the key to creating unique images."
(quote JWarren.) :)

Sarah,

I see that you have the ability to do all those things. The photo of your daughter is very well done, with beautiful side lighting! You have a wonderful eye for a shot! Congrats on the new camera!

Love the ric!

tbittner

Ok, she scratched the sensor on an awesome and very expensive camera. She broke her husbands awesome and very expensive TV.

hmmmm......

(note to self, if Sarah ever comes here, wrap her in bubble wrap)

JoJo

:LOL:

JWarren, I have a Nikon CoolPix, & i dont understand all the function on it. Let alone the high-tech cameras & lenses yall are refering to.

althea2you

Ok, she scratched the sensor on an awesome and very expensive camera. She broke her husbands awesome and very expensive TV.

hmmmm......

(note to self, if Sarah ever comes here, wrap her in bubble wrap)

LMAO!!! they don't call me Grace for nothin! LOLOL omg, too funny! i really am not that accident prone either, its weird and FRUSTRATING... and one other thing.. computers always seem to hate me. if i have a problem and i try everything i know possible to troubleshoot it, nothing works.. my husband comes in, taps on 2 keys and WALA! problem fixed! (*&&*&%%^$#$@#@#!) seriously frustrating.. im not computer stupid either, so i don't know why computer or electronics don't like me... maybe they know im accident prone... hmmm definitely AI then! HAHA!

althea2you

"A camera is only as good as the photographers ability to recreate what is seen in his or her minds eye. Understanding that with out light there is no image and the minipulation of that light is the key to creating unique images."
(quote JWarren.) :)

Sarah,

I see that you have the ability to do all those things. The photo of your daughter is very well done, with beautiful side lighting! You have a wonderful eye for a shot! Congrats on the new camera!

Love the ric!

thank you very much!!! i completely agree with the said quote!! ;)

althea2you

Nice new camera! It's obviously in talented hands, can't wait to see some more pics!!

thank you! i shall try!!! i have to say aquarium photography is tough! LOL.. i have the cube with the bended corners... so there are limited areas to get a clear shot... and then its low lighting, and moving objects.. gotta remember to turn off pumps.. ahha! i knew i read that somewhere! ok, anyways! thanks!