I finally decided on a camera...

lgerold

Hi!:jumprope:

Well, we finally did it. We got caught up in the weather and horrible traffic in Minneapolis Thursday, and spent the night in a motel near the Mall of America. After dinner, we wandered through the Mall, and happened to come across Ritz Camera.

I stopped in, and we looked over the three cameras in question, the Nikon D-80, the Sony Alpha 100, and the Canon Digital XTi Rebel. After speaking with the clerks there, I decided that the Sony was the best choice for us, weight cost, photo quality (impressive), ease of use, and the in body anti-shake technology.

I played with the camera tonight, and took several photos, and I've inserted my favorites below. These photos were taken without the tripod - I'll give that a try too!

I so appreciate everyone's advice. I'd love helpful criticism to enable me to take better pictures. (I am considering getting a macro lens in the future).

Below is one of my favorite pieces. It's a salmon colored frogspawn. I love it!

frogspawn_salmon_dec_23_06.jpg
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/photopost/data/510/frogspawn_salmon_dec_23_06.jpg

Below is another of my favorites - a very expensive lordowensis (sp?) frag.

lordowensis_dec_23_06.jpg

Here's a group of my favorite mushrooms. I love this color!

mushrooms_orange_dec_23_06.jpg

Here is a pair of percula clowns and their anemone - I purchased these yesterday.

percula_clown_pair_with_green_carpet_dec_23_06.jpg

Just two more!

One of my favorite frags - green and purple diploastrea:

diploastrea_dec_23_06.jpg

And, non last (in my tank) and definitely not least, a wonderful pink gonipora. Another favorite!

gonipora_pink_dec_23_06.jpg

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Nice camera Lucy :) Lovely shots! Get used to using the tripod. I use it for 99.9% of all of my photos.

lgerold

I'll post more soon. I'm up early today to read and read about the different settings on the camera. I have alot to learn!

aquaman3680

Very nice [ics espcially without a tripod. Some advice though, mess with the appeture, it will make your background on your pictures clearer

lgerold

Thanks everyone!

Aquaman, can you give me some specific advice about which direction to go with the aperature? I noticed too how little was in focus.

lcstorc

Great pics and I love the color on those shrooms. Let me know when you want to frag them. I would love some in my reef.

lgerold

We'll be setting up the new tank on 1/7, and I plan to put some smaller rubble around those shrooms, so, in time, I'd be happy to share!

lcstorc

Sounds awesome. Let me know when you are ready and how much you want to charge.
I love shrooms and they seem to love my tank as well. I have some gorgeous green striped ones that I could send you for a trade as well if you like.

Pro_builder

great pics. I have the Nikon D-50 SLR it is a great camera and can do a lot more than I am capable of making it do.... ...I hate reading instructions.:maddown:

lgerold

I hate instructions too! They're either too dummied up, or too complicated to understand. I went online and purchased a program to teach me more about using these DSLRs. I took photography in college over 20 years ago, and I need to brush up on all this stuff.

I'll give you an opinion about the program soon.

Thanks for everyone's comments!