I always took damsels to be stupid

angnak

I have a stracki damsel and for some weird reason of all the fish in my tank including a small bellus (kind of the same body shape so I thought he would bug her) then him he wants to bug my flame wrasse. So I am trying to catch him. I have the fish catching tube and put it in there a couple days ago so everyone will get use to it. Every fish I have has gone into that tube but him. If that tube is in there he stays hidden. I think I could live with it if he just ran it off from his area but he goes down to the flame's side of the tank and messes with him there. I have never seen any pecking at the flame, just chasing. I gotta imagine that that is stressing him out. The female flame barely comes out and I think it is because of the starcki. Took the tube out and was going the net route by trying to get him out with food and swoop in and catch him. Nope. Waits at the front of his cave for food to come by and eats it then. But if I feed without the intentions of catching him he is right in the mix. I have even set the net in the tank so they can get use to it and not be scared of it. I swear that fish knows I am trying to catch him. Any suggestions? We just re-aquascaped so I really don't want to move rocks around.

ChrisY

Hence why i dont have damsels. made that mistake before. They are little pidgeon chested thugs. :)

ChrisY

Octopus! lol nah, that would be a bad idea. lol I wouldnt mind having a cuttlefish tank someday though.