Howdy

drewyboi

Hey guys and gals,
Wishing everyone Happy Holidays as well as introducing myself to RS. I am new to the hobby and just started a new Aquapod 24 3 days ago. 20lbs of live sand. 24 lbs of live fiji rock. Everything seems to be right on target so far. Will keep you guys posted on my tank as time goes by and post some pictures up here sometime.

One question there's a hermit crab in the tank that I fond in the rock will he survive the cycling process and another question I have 24 lbs of live rock in the tank could I add more in the back chamber or would it be over kill.

2455coop

welcome to RS. :meeting:

And to answer your question. I have a 70 D.A.S tank with 125 lbs of live rock and 3 to 4 inches of sand. Do you have good water flow in the back chamber?
If you do I think it would help to add live rock. Or you maybe use the back chamber as a refugium.:jester:

lcstorc

Welcome to RS!
There are lots of friendly helpful people here.
IMO there is no such thing as too much lr. I would go ahead and add to the back if you have room. Just be careful of debris building up in the back chamber. I would recomment vacuuming it every water change to keep it from storing nutrients that fuel the algae in the tank.
As to the hermit crab, it depends largely on how big of a cycle you get. He may make it but keep a close eye out in case he doesn't. If he doesn't remove him primptly.

PhilOlsen

Has been struck by the ban stick
lcstorc said:
Welcome to RS!
There are lots of friendly helpful people here.
IMO there is no such thing as too much lr. .

I could not agree more, I keep 1 3/4 - 2 lbs per gallon of live rock and a 3"-4" deep sand bed in all my tanks and have great sucess. The combination of rock/sand and a high quality skimmer, is the best way to keep your tank and live stock happy and healthy. Welcome to the greatest hobby around, just remember 2 things
1) PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE
AND
2) YOU CAN NOT HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WANT IN ONE TANK.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Welcome to RS, pics please!! we like pics,are you sure on the crab id?? if its in the rock its probably an evil mutant crab. Steve