How To Stop My Anemone Moving.....

mohd

My tank has been divided to 2 part, Rock and sand...! (Half / Half ) that my carpet animone has never given any problem by moving or any, just only one ( I don't know how to call it in English name) which moving around and not welling to attach to the rock in the tank including tank's side.
It will roll as a ball after dark which normally I turn all light off, that it begin to do as such daily and flowing with water currency. when it goes to the area of sand that the beginning of problem that it could not get back to the rock area again...!
Ever morning I have to use PVC pipe to bring it back to the rock area.

Could anyone give me the answer what's going one wth it and what should I do to solve this problem?

klc317

Re: How To Stop My Animone Moving.....

It must like it better in the area it keeps moving to. Anemones will move to an area they feel most comfortable in (with the right lighting, tempature, water flow, etc.) and will try to stay there. It's not really a problem at all unless you are trying to keep it in a certain area.

mohd

Thank!
Should I ground all of my tank by rock for it to attach? because it can not stand on the sand anymore.

mohd

klc317 said:
It must like it better in the area it keeps moving to. Anemones will move to an area they feel most comfortable in (with the right lighting, tempature, water flow, etc.) and will try to stay there. It's not really a problem at all unless you are trying to keep it in a certain area.
Thank!
Should I ground all of my tank by rock for it to attach? because it can not stand on the sand anymore.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF

Hello Mohd and welcome to Reef Sanctuary! :)

Anemones will move until they find a favorite spot... Let us make sure it is happy :D ...Make sure your water parameters are good.
What is your PH, salinity, temp, nitrAte?
What type of anemone is it? Do you have a pic?
How long has your aquarium been set up?
How long have you had the anemone?
What type of lighting do you have?

...those are the only questions I can think to ask now... ;)

mohd

Woodstock said:
Hello Mohd and welcome to Reef Sanctuary! :)

Anemones will move until they find a favorite spot... Let us make sure it is happy :D ...Make sure your water parameters are good.
What is your PH, salinity, temp, nitrAte?
What type of anemone is it? Do you have a pic?
How long have you had the anemone?
What type of lighting do you have?

...those are the only questions I can think to ask now... ;)

PH 8.1 I have keep this animone for 2 weeks
My tank is just 150L lighting with
-12,000K daylight
- Blue spectrum for reef keeping
- Philips essential 23 watts (125 light output) 6,500k 1420 Lumen ( 2 packs )

mohd

He is moving around..........

Attachments

• Resize of Resize of 01010036.JPG
    Resize of Resize of 01010036.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 53

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF

That does not look like a carpet, but instead it looks like a riterri. They are the most difficult to keep....

I am sorry, I do not understand the total wattage of your lights. Hopefully, some that can will chime in...

How many ppm are the nitrAtes?

mohd

Woodstock said:
That does not look like a carpet, but instead it looks like a riterri. They are the most difficult to keep....

I am sorry, I do not understand the total wattage of your lights. Hopefully, some that can will chime in...

How many ppm are the nitrAtes?

around 3 months ppm of nitrates less than 0.3 mg/L
The lighting problem I consulted with an expert in fishery department of Thaialnd .

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF

It does look to be a Ritteri Anemone. They are VERY light demanding since they come from very shallow water so they NEED intense lighting and they will attach to rockwork NOT sand they will usually climb to the highest point in the tank as close to the light as possible.These Anemones are very difficult to keep definitely not recommended for a new setup, IMO it will not survive in your tank. I would suggest you bring it back to the LFS.

BTW welcome to RS !

mohd

cheeks69 said:
It does look to be a Ritteri Anemone. They are VERY light demanding since they come from very shallow water so they NEED intense lighting and they will attach to rockwork NOT sand they will usually climb to the highest point in the tank as close to the light as possible.These Anemones are very difficult to keep definitely not recommended for a new setup, IMO it will not survive in your tank. I would suggest you bring it back to the LFS.

BTW welcome to RS !

That mean only MH150w can keep them right? I had completely forgotten to tell you that my tank near my windows that the sun light can reach the tank but not too strong.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF

mohd said:
That mean only MH150w can keep them right? I had completely forgotten to tell you that my tank near my windows that the sun light can reach the tank but not too strong.

These Anemones NEED very intense lighting they come from very shallow water and are exposed to amounts of light that are very difficult to achieve in the home aquarium. They also need a mature tank your tank is still very young and will go thru fluctuations to which Anemones are sensitive to.

If you insist on having an Anemone then I would recommend a Bubble tip Anemone these are much hardier then the Riterri but you do need the MH 150w.

I would also suggest you do some reading on Anemones and their requirements:

http://www.carlosreef.com/AnemoneFAQ.pdf

http://www.w3page.com/fishline/anem.html

http://fins.actwin.com/species/anemone.html

mohd

cheeks69 said:
These Anemones NEED very intense lighting they come from very shallow water and are exposed to amounts of light that are very difficult to achieve in the home aquarium. They also need a mature tank your tank is still very young and will go thru fluctuations to which Anemones are sensitive to.

If you insist on having an Anemone then I would recommend a Bubble tip Anemone these are much hardier then the Riterri.

I would also suggest you do some reading on Anemones and their requirements:

http://www.carlosreef.com/AnemoneFAQ.pdf

http://www.w3page.com/fishline/anem.html

I have ever seen all of links you sent me but the problem is all of name are scie-name that I don't know how to tell the sellers.

http://fins.actwin.com/species/anemone.html

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF

I have ever seen all of links you sent me but the problem is all of name are scie-name that I don't know how to tell the sellers.

Bubble tip Anemone - Entacmaea quadricolor
Just remember that even with these although hardier they will need the MH lighting.

mohd

cheeks69 said:
Bubble tip Anemone - Entacmaea quadricolor
Just remember that even with these although hardier they will need the MH lighting.

How about carpet?

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF

mohd said:
How about carpet?

Carpet Anemones in particular the Stichodactyla mertensii and the Stichodactyla gigantea are also from very shallow water and difficult to keep in captivity but the Stichodactyla Haddoni is a hardy Anemone and will adjust well in captivity the problem is it'll eat your fish !!!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF

This is what my Stichodactyla Haddoni did to my Trigger:

139_3965.jpg

141_4113.jpg

141_4111.jpg

mohd

cheeks69 said:
Carpet Anemones in particular the Stichodactyla mertensii and the Stichodactyla gigantea are also from very shallow water and difficult to keep in captivity but the Stichodactyla Haddoni is a hardy Anemone and will adjust well in captivity the problem is it'll eat your fish !!!

ok then, Could you please to give me the photo of the animones I can keep under my conditions?

mohd

cheeks69 said:
This is what my Stichodactyla Haddoni did to my Trigger:

139_3965.jpg

141_4113.jpg

141_4111.jpg

God! My angle fish sleep under my capet... Hard to belive and must belive....