How to set up a poll?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I've set up a poll at least once before, but just messed up one and ended up with a normal post.

After starting a new thread, I get the poll options at the bottom:

PollOptions.jpg

I entered the thread title & text, and in the bottom section and I'm almost positive that I said I wanted a poll and said I wanted 6 options (questions) and hit the bottom submit, but never had the option to enter the 6 questions. I think I did that part correctly.

Is there a step I'm missing? When will it ask for my poll questions?

Thanks!

Sapphire

Hi Terry,

You may very well have already looked at this, but i found this in the FAQs section. It looks like after you hit submit you should be taken to the poll creation page, where you enter the questions:

Creating a new poll

When you post a new thread, you may have the option to also create a poll.

This function allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.

An example poll might be:

What is your favorite color?

Red
Blue
Yellow
Green
Sky-blue pink with yellow spots
To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes! post a poll' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it only stays open for voting for a week.

If that didn't work I have no idea!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks Emma! I just got it done. I thought I had followed all of the steps correctly last night, but I cancelled one try and must have skipped checking the poll option or something on the next attempt. It worked fine this morning. Thanks to Woodstock also for deleting my first messed up attempt, and to nanofeefing4fun for messaging me the same directions.

By the way, where can I find the FAQs - on the home page?