How to beat glass distortion?

wscttwolfe

Hey all,

anyone have any tips about avoiding the distortion from (even clean) aquarium glass? Obv try to shoot directly perpendicular to the glass w/ no camera tilt, but are there any other tips out there? Settings that work particularly well?

Here is a good example of what I'm talking about (and trust me, this is not a focus/focal length issue):

Blue/Red Flavia | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Willie McDaries

top down shots are best and the coral looks its best too,but I wouldn't have a clue how to shoot through glass without some distortion...hopefully someone else can better answer that question

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
Through glass at any angle other than straight on is going to have some type of distortion. The best you can do is a polarized filter to eliminate glare. Also, be sure to adjust the polarized filter each time you change your viewing angle (it spins).

....Secret Super Hero....

Vakko

I found be farther away from tank helps the focus. So you need better zoom to counter the distance.

ed84g

You could try Adobe Photoshop for making adjustments after the photos have been taken. Its a very powerful program and great for correcting imperfections