• Monthly

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never, I have no hands

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

Mad Mike

Tell ya what I have noticed, my tank is way better off with my "nice clean hands" not in the tank. When I do have to go in I wear gloves or use tongs or scrapers with long handles or whatever.

Tank is doing much better for it.

Gina

RS STAFF
I try not to put my hands in the tank too often. I'm definately in there at least once every two weeks to siphon off water and scrub the rocks.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
If fingers do not count, weekly for me :)

Once a day I remove the the veggie clip that is attached to a magfloat; add new nori, then place back in at the top... but only two of my fingers get wet...

billyr98

Maybe twice a week, depends on my turbo snails, if they wanna knock something over or not... but usually i use the claws!

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
Everyday..im always messin with somthing..i know its bad but i cant help myself..maybe i should get some tongs or those long gloves?

lcstorc

Well I really try not to and use the tongs as much as possible in the reef, but I recently discovered that my seahorses like to wrap around my finger and I just can't resist. :(

ghostwolf

Well, I usually use gloves if I am in the tank, but I have found that one of the anthias eats better if I put the mysis in by hand. :yummy: She will almost come to my fingers to take it. Sooo.....I guess my hand will be in more often now. LOL

Lin

Snelly40

hand and arm, weekly for water changes and to make sure everything good, however daily fingers, like woody said, for feedings and veggie clip

Witfull

never~ ok,thats a fib!

a few times a week. gotta feed the carpets, and like Billy,,,darn snails~

Reefstick

cheeks69 said:
Several times a day :doh:

I am with you on this one, I can't keep my hands out, plus my wife likes to mess with it too....... Should we try to keep our hands out???????
We don't really touch the rock work or the fish, or inverts.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Reefstick said:
I am with you on this one, I can't keep my hands out, plus my wife likes to mess with it too....... Should we try to keep our hands out???????

Yes we should...lol
Anthony Calfo mentions that you can be exposed to several types of serious diseases and allergic reactions to some Corals. Never put your hands in there with an open wound. Also the oils from your hand can have a negative affect on skimmer effluent. I'm not usually allergic to anything but this is what happened to my arm when it came in contact with my Hammer:doh:

143_4390.jpg

Snelly40

damn, yeah i got stung by my frogspawn prety bad one day too. nothing like that though. Damn Cheeks Karma for the wound

Witfull

worst sting for me was a Ritterii anemone....wrapped around my arm,,,then the clowns started biting me. from that day on,,i was an evil invader that must be attacked with extreme prejudice each and every time my hand went in the tank. eventually, i had to replace all the clowns with new ones.

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Witfull said:
worst sting for me was a Ritterii anemone....wrapped around my arm,,,then the clowns started biting me. from that day on,,i was an evil invader that must be attacked with extreme prejudice each and every time my hand went in the tank. eventually, i had to replace all the clowns with new ones.

Hey Witty...bet they just thought you tasted good...:rolleyes: