Votes: 10 5.5%
  • I need help - 7 or more

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • I run a fish farm.

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

ReefLady

Staff member
Reef tanks, freshwater tanks, anything that currently holds water and living things...

I have 5:

180 Reef
55 prop (temporary)
20L Jack Dempsey
40Br Turtle (red-eared slider)
~1 Betta (My wife's tank :) )

I still miss my piranha. He's still kicking but he was at my old job, after I got laid off I gave him to another aquarist because I couldn't deal with moving him.

mps9506

One, I won't count work or else it would be 32. 60 at my old store.

I'm thinking about setting up a moveable guppy setup that I can move outside during the summer and grow plants in and move inside during the winter. I actually just want to grow the plants and have some nice guppies to control the "skeeters" when outside, and probably cull the young to sell at the store. Mebe...
My place is just to small and time to short to deal with so many tanks.

Gina

RS STAFF
46g Reef here. Not enough room for any more than that or even just a bigger one. Our wish is to have a 180-200.

captivereefs

Sponsor
I have a 26 bow in my sons room, a 36 corner is going in my daughters room and i have a 327 in wall project going in my basement rec room!

Cougra

Hmmm if I have to count the ref/sump seperate (since it houses hermits and snails) then I have

29High Reef
20Gal Sump/refugium
5Gal brineshirmp tank (It's running constantly and has brine shrimp at all stages of life)
15 FW planted tank
15 Gal FW Apisto tank
75 Gal FW tanganyikan cichlid tank...well it only has water in it at the moment but will have fish after Christmas holidays (couldn't afford to set it up as a SW tank)

For those of you who have more then one tank here is a little writeup I did on MTS diagnosis

Last edited:

Maxx

LOL Michelle, Great article!
Technically, I have one tank in the house with water in it. Rocio (My fiance), is the limiting factor on that....I'm working on getting her to allow me to have another tank when we buy a house.
Nick

jcoopergd

1 40 Gal Reef
1 10 Gal QT/Hospital Tank
1 10 Gal Slider turtle tank
1 5 gal Firebellied Frog Tank
2 >1gal Betta Tanks

Lots of little tanks - that doesnt include the Hairless Rat and Two Rabbits.

:) i live in a zoo!

j

mps9506

Cougra said:
15 Gal FW Apisto tank[/URL]

I love apistos. Once I move into my new place I will be getting nice little setup to breed these guys. One of the fish I never graduated to after breeding angels, convicts, and blue rams.
Mike

Cougra

Thanks nick and Gina.

Mike:
I love those little fish as well. So much attitude and great colouration. I currently have a pair of A. cacatuoides Double red. They bred twice on me both times just beofre I left for holidays and wasn't able to do anything about the fry. After that the female went on a major hungry strike and she barely eats anything. After the holidays I'm going to see if Ican get her back into condition to breed again.

vjvl51

75 gal cichlid
90 gallon softies & LPS
60 gallon SPS
25 gallon refuge
50 gallon sump/grow out
15 gallon phyto (really the water bath for temp control in the winter)
10 gallon algae grow out for the tang (can't grow ulva & tang heaven fast enough in the refuge)
assortment (25, 15, 10 etc) for QT, etc as needed

I'm voting 5 tanks (not counting phyto & algae grow out)

Vickie

PS Forgot to add the 3 goldfish bowls for rotifer culture

forestal

-55 Reef with 55 fuge (mostly softies)
-60 hex reef (sps/lps)
-29 hex with 10 gallon fuge temperate tank(local collected mussels/crabs/pods/rocks/sand/macroalgae
-40 gallon acrylic growout tank for non-photo gorgonians
-10 gallon beta/snail tank (daughters so doesnt count does it?)
-150 gallon with 2 50 gallon tubs for fuge/growout (not set up yet)
-just bought (couldnt resist and the wife said its ok) 120 starfire cube