how many powerheads are needed

BS2007

Hi Guys i measured my tank and it is a 65 g. I brought two koralia powerheads flow rate 3200l/h and 850 gph is that good enough?

scubaspew

Hi Guys i measured my tank and it is a 65 g. I brought two koralia powerheads flow rate 3200l/h and 850 gph is that good enough?

In my opinion those might be two much I would first try aiming them from opposite sides pointed lightly upwards to break the water surface and give it some slight ripple then the flow will push back down at a slower rate and if you pint them in opposite directions just a bit, you can create a nice current of circulation, then I suggest and this is just be, but I would switch the current every other day Those are super awesome powerheads though. I have a koralia 3 that I love, getting a 2 soon, maybe I should try a bigger one for surface break, my 3 was so powerful I use that.

jgking21

I'm running (2) Koralia 2's and (1) Koralia 1 in a 54 gallon corner, I love them! I like the ease of repositioning them until I like the flow, you can also change them from time to time. As for the number or powerheads or amount of flow will depend on what you are keeping in the tank. I'm planning for all SPS's so I'm looking for alot of flow.

funkpolice

I have 2 #4's, 3 #2's, and a nano in my 55gal, it makes for a very chaotic but not overwhelming current. If you have enough water pushing off walls, overflows, rocks, and opposing currents it makes anything but a laminar flow pattern.
bill

I have 2 #4's, 3 #2's, and a nano in my 55gal, it makes for a very chaotic but not overwhelming current. If you have enough water pushing off walls, overflows, rocks, and opposing currents it makes anything but a laminar flow pattern.
bill

Thanks Bill
:D