How long have you been active in online reefkeeping forums?

How long have you been active in online reefkeeping forums?

• 3 Months or less

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • a year or less

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • two years or less

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • three years or less

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • More than 3 years

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters

Cougra

WOW, I've been attending online forums for over three years now, I didn't realise it was so long ago that I stumbled onto the web to find out how to set up my skimmer!

Witfull

forums for about a yr now or so..never used them before , but used the web alot....gotta blame google,,,i found the "other site" and had to join to see the pics because i was looking for an ID. i did and the rest is history.

ScottT1980

I started out in usenet a few years back, realized it was far too dated and then stumbled across the likes of RAG and RC probably a year and a half ago. Then, following the RAG exodus, I now call RS my homepage...

Take er easy
Scott T.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
less than 2 years... this is an AWESOME way to gather information!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, as we all know, some boards are far superior than others. :D

BoomerD

Just about a year. I'd have loved to have this kind of information sharing available when I was deep in the hobby many years ago. I got out of fishkeeping almost completely in 95, and just wet my feet again last January. Stumbled into a couple of forums by accident, and have enjoyed the "fellowship" and sharing of information that they provide. It has made the hobby quite a bit easier.
Thanks to ya all!

mkpaulson

About one year, and I would say that has been the best information that I have come across for this hobby.

Dracunculus

Been about a year.....used books at first to set up my tank, but have found much more useful information online :)

Friendlier this way too.

mwrager

its been 2 years, I was doing things on my own, and doing what the LFS said and costing me alot of $. On day I was in a LFS and was talking to a sales person and they were trying to sell me something, dont remember what now, they said it was good and I needed it for my tank. I said I would think about it, the sales person went and helped someone else and another person came up and told me dont get it because it was not good for your tank and told be to check out some reef board on the net to get the true answers to what you should put in your tank before you buy. That was 2 years ago.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
mwrager, I had to double check to see your location because the same thing happens here too at the LFS :rolleyes:

BigReepher

Since Aprill of 2003. A buddy started a new 55 FW tank. He asked me "You want my old 20 gallon? So you can stop talking about it and start one." I was up till the birds where chirpin readin about reef tanks. I bought a 75 gallon tank(I wish I had got the 120):hammerhea a few days later. I've been reading, studying, learning and deciphering as much as I can planning its' setup ever since.