How exactly to ship,and sell corals

K L R

Im planning on starting to sell corals online as soon as I know exactly how to package and ship them?
Also do most people get their money through paypal?

Post everything you know about shipping please...Im paranoid of shipping a coral and the buyer gets it dead even though ive never sold online.

Thanks

seafansar

I've never sold any corals online, but I've bought plenty. Yes, it's usually though PayPal. A styrofoam box works best with newspaper to fill up the empty space. Fish store quality bags, double bagged is best. You can even get a heat sealer that makes a nice water tight seal with those bags. If it's going to be cold where you're shipping to, a heat pack taped to the top inside of the styrofoam box is best. Make sure it gets some air (need oxygen to heat up) and make sure it's not touching any of the bags. Wrap it all up nice and tight to insulate it well. There are a few other ways to packaging stuff, but this is the most widely used way from what I've seen. Oh and on the other site there are a few good detailed threads about packaging and shipping corals.

K L R

I just read where you can use...urine sample cups, to ship in instead of bags because they are more stable,dont break,and water tight, but more expensive for the seller... ..

I just read where you can use...urine sample cups, to ship in instead of bags because they are more stable,dont break,and water tight, but more expensive for the seller... ..

I bought a few corals from MAX and thats what the vendors used for their corals. The vendors i bought from were from Colorado and the event was in California so they shipped really well. Plus the plugs fit perfectly into the cups. Only thing i would worry about with this is if the cups got thrown upside down and the frag plugs crush the frag. What i would do in this case is glue some toothpicks or something to the plug so in the case that the cup does go upside down the toothpick will stop it.

K L R

ok,

how about heater pads and cooling ones?

For example Im in nc and i want to send to ca would I put a heat pad or no?

seafansar

I'm not totally sure about when to add heating and cooling pads, but I forgot to add before; Check with the delivery company to see if there are any delays where the package will be going through. I once got a package of fish and corals that got stuck in Tennessee, because they were having bad snow storms. The thing that really made me mad was that packages I get from the west coast don't usually go through Tennessee! So check first before sending the corals.

K L R

Right now softies,shrooms,zoas,palys,xenia,etc. and I do have 2 frags of neon green hydro I plan on selling also, and chalices in a couple of months once mine grow some more

1Reefer

I do that kinda stuff all the time also, that's the reason I haven't been able to upgrade my lights yet lol...