How does the water flow on a RSM 250?

250_filtration_big.jpg

The water flows in through the surface skimmer gate in the center, which gets dropping to the main skimmer chamber.

What happens next? It looks like it can exit the skimmer body and move from 5, to 4, to 3. Right?

But what about the left chamber?

Great pic! That really helps.

I've never completely removed the skimmer body. Where does the water exit the skimmer?

So there's an opening on the bottom left of the center chamber? My arm doesn't go that deep :)

The reason I just got curious is because I had my In Tank Media basket delivered yesterday and curious about the flow pattern. I'm still trying to figure out how they want you to use the filter pad slot built in to the media basket. I don't know what stops it from folding and getting sucked into the return pump chamber.

Tokalosh

Another pic that should answer your questions........

I use the Fluval foam pad in the fine filter holder and then some chaeto algae, followed by 11oz bag of Chemie Pure Elite, then some Seachem Purigen and another 11oz bag of Chemi Pure Elite.

The skimmer water exits almost the same area it comes in, at the bottom of the skimmer.

Hope this helps

Tok

NJ Reefer

PREMIUM
Tok, very helpful pictures. Thanks. Can you tell me how often you change the Purigen and CPE? Also, do you have/need a light for the chaeto?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another pic that should answer your questions........

I use the Fluval foam pad in the fine filter holder and then some chaeto algae, followed by 11oz bag of Chemie Pure Elite, then some Seachem Purigen and another 11oz bag of Chemi Pure Elite.

The skimmer water exits almost the same area it comes in, at the bottom of the skimmer.

Hope this helps

Tok

Ahhh. So you do use the stock fine filter holder in the media basket. The pics on their website don't show that. Just a big piece of floss standing up straight in there.

Tokalosh

Tok, very helpful pictures. Thanks. Can you tell me how often you change the Purigen and CPE? Also, do you have/need a light for the chaeto?[/URL]

I change the CPE out every 3 months, some change it out every 6 months, and I use a 1watt Arcadia LED light for the chaeto.

Hope this helps

Tok