How can i tell if my white sabae anenome is dying

Bjules

So i have a white sabae anenome im my 28 gallon tank. its no longer white, and i cant see the purple spots it had on the tips anymore. idk if i should give it time to see if it comes back or get rid of it now before it causes damage to the tank..
thanks for all the help
Brian

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
When you had it at the store, it was white, which means it had bleached and lost is symbiotic algae. Not a healthy anemone.

Brown means it has regenerated its algae, and is a much more healthy color. Host anemones should never be white. Some are very pale yellow, but never white.

A very good sign actually - the brown

wm23oh

Re: How can i tell if my white sabae anemone is dying

I have a Sabea too but had known about this due to a bad experience several years ago.

Mine started out bright white as shown in my tank chronicle and has turned brown and grown 3 times as large as it was before. It has lost some tentacles due to me not feeding it correctly but it is re-growing them with proper feedings now.

You will love your Sabea! It may not be the prettiest of them all but it sure is one that is unique!

BTW the purple in my Anem's tentacles has also become rather small but is coming back slowly. Anem's do not change to the good or bad quickly and by the time you see something wrong you must fix the issue right away or take the chance of loosing it.

Best wishes,
James

My tank chronicle. I will be adding NEW photos of the Sabea tomorrow (Sat) but it shows just how white it was when I got it.
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/47588-my-29-gallon-tank.html#post673687

wm23oh

Most everyone recommends silversides however I have had success with feeder guppies. Guppies are a brackish fish so I feel it's OK to use them but this is my opinion not the opinion of others and so I won't recommend you use them but would recommend you use silversides.

I wish you only the best of luck and I did just add some photos to my chronicle if you are interested.

James