hooked82's 125g experience

hooked82

I just took a 1/4" ro valve with one end threaded and drilled the cap on the durso. Then I used a 1/4" NPT tap and tapped the hole. I think I might try to find a more precise valve though as the RO valve has a lot of stuff to block the air. But it works great for now. I can get the drill bit size for you if you would like, when I get home.

hooked82

NPT means National Pipe Thread. The drill size for a 1/4" Pipe thread fitting is 7/16" drill bit, and use a 1/4" NPT Pipe Tap. You will have to mess with how far you put the pipe tap in because pipe thread is tapered and the fittings are so short that they need a bigger size on the thread. Let me know if that answered your question or just confused you more, lol.

Charlie97L

did you resolve the level issue?

my 90 has a 1/4" lean towards the front. i'm going to see how it settles, but i'm honestly not worried about it.

hooked82

Yeah I resolved it. I took a sheet of plywood and put the stand/tank on that. Then I shimmed inbetween the two and its perfectly level now.

hooked82

Here's some more pics guys. A couple shots of different GSP colonies, a pic of my first softy, a Kenya Tree frag, and a full tank shot. Got a few more fish to slowly add, as well as a little more rock and it will be in cruise control!! For a week or so :D Whatcha guys think?
DSCN6029.jpg

DSCN6031.jpg

DSCN6033.jpg

DSCN6038.jpg

hooked82

Well I redid the rockwork a little bit to accomodate for the larger fish. I think I will have to redo it again before the next fish goes in. It's just never right. I also added a few frags that I picked up as well as an 8" Teardrop Maxima Clam, here's some pics.
DSCN6060.jpg

New Frogspawn Frag
DSCN6062.jpg

Red Sea Xenia Frag
DSCN6063.jpg

I also got a rock with about 20+ Fire & Ice zoas, a blasto, as well as a couple Pom-Pom Xenia that I didnt get pictures of.

I am having a hard time with placement of the softies as I have 2 MJ1200's modded for about 3800GPH as well as 1200GPH on my return for about 5000GPH total. Hard to find a spot even behind rockwork and such that will block them from the high flow, is this a little much for a softy tank?

Craig Manoukian

40+ TIMES TURN OVER IN WATER VOLUME IS HIGHER THAN THE 15 TO 20 TIMES FOUND IN MOST TANKS. tHAT FLOW WOULD BE BETTER FOR SPS AND LPS THAT REQUIRE GREATER FLOWS. THERE SHOULD BE SOME "DEAD" SPOTS YOUR POLYPS AND XENIA LIKE. GOOD LUCK!

hooked82

Thanks for the advice craig, I found some low flow spots for the xenia's. Also redid my tank and got my last fish in there. I made caves in the bottom of the rock for each of the 4 larger fish. If you look close from left to right, yellow tang cave, purple tang cave, koran angel cave, and then my large ringtail surgeon cave :D Here's a couple pics of the redone aquascaping, one of my surgeon, and my quick growing Kenya Tree.
DSCN6067.jpg

DSCN6069.jpg

DSCN6074.jpg

hooked82

Thanks guys! Yeah all my fish are having fun with all the tunnels and caves to play around in. My big guy especially, as he has fanned the sand out of all the holes so he can fit through them all :lol: