Hobby or Obsession?

Witfull

how long does it take the brain to say, OMG thats F'ing beautiful!

i think it all started for me when i had my first tanks and saw "the incredible Mr. Limpet" with don Knots, i too knew i was in that world~

Gina

RS STAFF
Not long enough!
I would say on my first trip to the LFS to pick up some Earthworms for a Box turtle we had. We decided to take a walk through the fish department while we were there...enough said.

apjunky

I quess for me it took about a year . Thats when I decided to switch from a fish only tank to a reef tank . For the last few months my thoughts have been consumed with trying to figure out where and how to put in a bigger tank . If I was not obsessed before I am now .

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I was instantly obsessed :D I relish a challenge and eyecandy... this hobby has loads of both!

slb11106

apjunky said:
I quess for me it took about a year . Thats when I decided to switch from a fish only tank to a reef tank . For the last few months my thoughts have been consumed with trying to figure out where and how to put in a bigger tank . If I was not obsessed before I am now .

this is correct, except it only took me a month or so.......but i am despertly trying to find a way to put in a 200+ tank
:thumbup:

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
It was a slow process...NOT :LOL:
It took a trip to the LFS and a beautiful show tank and I was hooked !

wickjr

I've been hooked on all kinds of fish tanks, both fresh and salt since that first county fair goldfish. The obsession, though, began with a SWFOWLR tank. As soon as I saw the first critter pop out of the live rock, I knew I wouldn't be satisfied till I went all out reef. Three kids and a move later, I finally got what I wanted. Now I have Reef A.D.D. I can't concentrate on much else.

Little Luey

Witfull said:
how long does it take the brain to say, OMG thats F'ing beautiful!

~

LOL. I agree.

It took a while to take the last step, getting ride of my FW angels and setup but I was sold inmediatly.

cracker

I wish I had read the fine print when I signed up. There is an obsession clause toward the bottom.:rollingey

Witfull

i think it comes up on the CC reciept,,,,you are now hooked, keep card handy for future usage~~

KimPossible

As soon as I saw the first critter pop out of the live rock
I was in front of my tank for months.....just staring, the family was like....mom...I'm hungry, are we gonna have dinner?~LOL
It is the challenge mixed with the beauty for me. I am totally obsessed, but I like to think of it as, passionate.

wickjr

Funny thing is, the obsession is contagious. My wife, who had NO interest in tanks of any kind before the reef, has begun calling me at work to report new happenings in the tank. She pretends that she doesn't pay attention to her while I am at work. Ha! She has the bug, and there is no turning back now.