Hmmm... Can you do too many/much water changes?

Snid

I'm not at risk of this even being possible for me, but I am curious. I do weekly water changes of about 10%, so I'm confident that I am A.O.K. But I did begin to wonder... Can you change it too frequently or too much at a time? You always hear about the tanks that don't get it often enough, but you never hear about someone whose addicted to changing water. LOL! It's really just a curiosity. :fishy:

Choff

The only concern I can think of would be changing parameters. As long as you maintain temp, ph and salinity there shouldn't be an issue. There are people that do daily WC (usually through automaton like liter meter).

...stupid auto correct

gpdno

In general, small frequent changes will provide a more stable environment that a few large changes. I change (my Apex does) 4% every other day. Less bad stuff builds up and more good stuff is replenished so the tank parameters stay very stable. This opposes to doing a 25% water change every two weeks. The same amount of water is changed but this time over a two week interval more bad stuff is building up in the water and the good stuff is being depleted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snid

I'm about right in between where you are gpdno and the bi-weekly. Actually, when my QT tank is in service, I'm closer to you because I do frequent changes in the QT, and I use tank water for the QT, so the tank gets a small change too as a result.