HELP! High Calcium levels, Alkalinity normal

Discussion in 'General Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by Kermit13sg, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Kermit13sg

Kermit13sg New Member

Hello,

I'm new to this and I've set up a 50 gallon tank. Currently stock 3 clowns, 2 chromis, one purple goby, one batfish and a blue tang. For corals, one 12 head Duncan, one leather finger and a close brain. Problem is my calcium level sits slightly above 500 whole my alkalinity is 8. Is this going to be a problem and if yes, what should I do? Not dosing anything at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. DaveK

DaveK Well-Known Member

Your reading isn't that far off, and aquarium grade test kits are often not that accurate. I wouldn't worry about it as long as your livestock is doing well. Above all, don't chase numbers.

You do have one long term issue. Both the batfish and the blue tank are going to quickly outgrow your tank. Be prepared to remove them or invest in a massive upgrade to your system.

nanoreefing4fun and mr_tap_water like this.
  3. Kermit13sg

Kermit13sg New Member

Thanks DaveK, thanks for the assurance. I'm aware of the size the blue tang and batfish can outgrow my tank, maybe that'll be an excuse for me to upsize the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nanoreefing4fun likes this.