Hi all

taat2d

Just getting back into salt water after 10 years. Just broke down my 3yo 65gal African Cichlid tank to set up a FOLR/reef tank. So far I've got 80lbs of live sand, 90lbs of LR. Using a Pro Clear Aquatics 125 sump with a Magdrive 7 return pump, a Coralife Super Skimmer 125, and a Maxijet 1200 PH. Tank is set up for a week today, and I can't wait for it to cycle.

boozeman

:welcomera
you will need something to kickstart the cycle...a piece of shrimp is a good way to do it

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:hallo: Welcome to Reefsanctuary and Welcome back to the wonderful hobby of reef keeping!! :dance:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
A cocktail shrimp from your grocery store.. just toss it in then remove it in 4/5 days. Some put it in a hose or sock so they can remove it easily. It is just in there long enough to rot a tad and cause an ammonia spike.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Hi Taat2d, Welcome to RS, a normal cocktail shrimp or tiger prawn, throw it in the tank and let it rot, this will start the ammonia cycle, this is not so cruel as using a live fish that you probably wont want later anyway, good luck. Steve

taat2d

A cocktail shrimp from your grocery store.. just toss it in then remove it in 4/5 days. Some put it in a hose or sock so they can remove it easily. It is just in there long enough to rot a tad and cause an ammonia spike.

Ahhhhh. My first 10 mintues on this board and already you guys are trying to get me to cheat. I think we're gonna get along just fine........:bluenod:

lcstorc

Welcome to RS! Lots of friendly helpful people here to help you out. Post pics of your tank when you can. We love pics.

taat2d

Welcome to RS! Lots of friendly helpful people here to help you out. Post pics of your tank when you can. We love pics.

Tank is brand new. I cna't wait to get some living things in it. LOL I'll get pics up ASAP. And thanx eveyone.