Hi All

nikki

I love this site I have been reading and viewing so many informative cool stuff about this wonderful hobby here.

This is my 1st reef aquarium I had been researching this for about three years and wanting one my whole life it seems:contract:

So Actually we my husband and I; I do maintence he helps with the choices of live stock and the cost thank you baby!

Marineland 29 gal SW aquarium.
Boi filter in hood. intake Filter and added protien skimmer, heater, 38 watt PC lights and ice cap two blue luner lights led.

All water paramiters are looking good.
salinity 1.022
temp 80 -82 Too High?
ammonia 0
nitrate 0
nitrite 0
alk 180
ph 8.4

All live stock in order as I added them:
25 lbs of figi live rock. With hitchhikers such as peanut worms many,feather dusters small ones about 10,one that I have seen of couse pink and white spined bristle worm,orange and blue sponges small too I hope these grow larger,and a few other little filter feeder thingys I forgot what theye where called but supposed good things.
10 lbs of tahitian moon sand black.
2 hermit crabs blue leg
4 snails
3 purple mushrooms so far. Want many things softys and shrooms but need lighting upgrade 1st.
All small fish, 1 - 1 1/2 in.
2 perc clowns I love them!
3 blue reef chromis but the largest picks on the mid size one all the time so who knows how theye will work out don't want to rip my rock apart to get them out but wish I never put them in:away:
1 Tinny Humbug Damsel love him to with his black & white stripes & blue fins. Stands his own but does not bother others (yet).
1 skunk cleaner shrimp. Who does a great job at cleaning all the fish except the clowns theye stay away from him. I have read others claiming the same.
Not sure why this is? Anyone?
I use RO DI filtered H20 I get 25cents per gal at the local fin & feather. And Instant Ocean salt.
And do weekly water changes. The tank has been up for 4 months now and we love it!

My Bday is coming up so I hope to get the shrimp a buddy and who knows what els:clink:

Happy Reefing all! Good luck & please keep the ich to your self!:lol:

Gina

RS STAFF
I would try and raise your salinity slowly to at least 1.025-1.026.
My temp runs about 80 and it's done well there.
I would love to see a pic of your tank if possible.
The black sand sounds cool

Welcome to RS!

nikki

Hi thanks. No sorry I need to get a ditital cam. I was planning to do a water change tomarrow so I will add a bit more salt to this batch tonight and try to get that up ty.

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
Id like to see a pic of the black sand.....:black:
ive never thought of that ....cool.

WELCOME TO RS!!

nikki

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes!:thumbup:

I will have to barrow a cam or have someone take pictures so I can post some of the black sand; it is nice it brings out the color in everything els.

MarbleShark

Sounds cool.. I have never seen black sand in a tank before. Are you going to be able to post pics soon or does anyone else have any pics of a tank with black sand?

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
i was talking to a guy at my LFS and he said that you would actually lose alot of your light, because it wouldn't reflect off the black sand .. i guess it would absorb the light instead of reflect it like white sand ...
makes sense..have you noticed a decrease in light from your tank in comparison to say a tank with comparable lighting ..i bet it looks cool though..