Hi All I have a skimmer question

I ended up taking my old wet and dry this past Saturday and replaced it with a sump, it had a few bio balls left in it. I cleaned up all my equipment including my Turboflotor Multi Skimmer. It has not skimmed since Saturday, Should I be worried? or will it start to skim soon? It has been three days everything in the tank is ok I tested and all parameters are good I do not see any changes in the tank. The wet and dry had a ton of dirt in it when I cleaned it out to put it away. And on another note in my changing salt to Oceanic post, My tank has never seen a calcium level past 350 or so, I changed 45 gallons in three weeks and my tank gets two gallons kalk mix a day and my calcium is sittting at 400 my kh is 9.3 on the low side my ph is 8.23 pinpoint monitor my Magnesium is 1350 the other tests are sallifert. I have not used my c balance in three weeks or anything else. So far I like the Oceanic salt and everything in my tank looks happy. I am going to do another 15 gallon change this weekend. I will keep everyone informed because there is such a difference with everyones experience with this salt so far. My experience with it has been great so far. Thanks again for your help all:D

Witfull

with a thourough cleaning skimmera sometimes need to break in,,,it should skim up soon, if it doesnt check your venturi, some gunk may have gotten into it from the cleaning.

greetings from across the river.

Curtswearing

Wit is right. If you used soap of any kind, it will extend the break in period. Always use water alone or water with a little vinegar for skimmer cleaning.

Curtswearing

It's normal. The riser tube just needs to build up a new biofilm.

(However, I typically recommend soft cloth as opposed to paper towels because the paper towels sometimes scratch the acrylic).

Witfull

old T-shirts work well....washed first....then soak in RO to remove any phosphate residue form the soap.

yes, laundry soap has P in it,,,thats what makes clothes look brighter...so becare all you that wash your filter socks in the washer.