HH urchins getting WAY too big. Help!

Jess

Ok so I have two urchins that hitchhiked their way into my 24g Nano. Originally they were the size of a pea, even a little smaller. Now they are bigger than a golf ball and they're knocking stuff over constantly! They are growing quite rapidly. What's the best way to remove them and what should I do with them? I have a 55g FOWLR also (has one urchin in it) and a 12g. Or would LFS take them? I've never seen urchins like this for sale.

Here's a pic of each one I took this morning. Keep in mind that yellow leather (although pouting) is quite large...to give you an idea of size.

1110090641.jpg

1110090640.jpg

Jess

:alien: LOOK WHO IT IS!!!

Ya I'm like bff's with my LFS so I'm sure I can work it. Also considering a got a starfish from them last week and by day 2 it had turned into sand. Not sure how else to describe it. :bmcflme:

mettjl03

it turned into sand... sure it did! I'VE BEEN BUSY u have my number if u needed my assistance with something

Jess

it turned into sand... sure it did! I'VE BEEN BUSY u have my number if u needed my assistance with something

No really, it disintegrated within like 48 hours. :look:

If I needed your assistance with something hahah!!! What was I thinking?!?;)

Jess

ya and "i hate your guts" is just code word for i havent stopped thinking about you in 6 months because of my deep, deep love for you evil jess.. :nekid:

Jess

nice...its november, i joined in march and we only 'talked' for a couple months then you poofed!!!

mettjl03

ur such a turd... its only been like a month and a half since i've been on... maybe I was busy planning my wedding lmao

Jess

well you may have been on here but we havent talked in a looooooong time turdica!!!!

WEDDING!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

mettjl03

well im sorry evil turdica... no there was no wedding i just thought that would add a little something extra to the mix... Go in the chat already

yungreefer2410

advice for the future, most stars should be left in the ocean IMO. just trade them to the lfs, put i t in the id section so you can get some facts on it

Jess

advice for the future, most stars should be left in the ocean IMO. just trade them to the lfs, put i t in the id section so you can get some facts on it

Well when it comes down to it, all of this stuff should be left in the ocean... but it's not... and it's our passion, so we do what we can to make it thrive. The urchins have already been in the id section and there were many debates as to exactly what kind of urchin these are. Talked to LFS, bringing them there tomorrow.