Hey guys! 08205 SJ represent!

concept3

Mornin' y'all. Found out about this site through the channels @ NJRC.

Okay, been in the hobby for a few years now and for some reason, the feel to keep on upgrading to larger tanks seems to be a normal thing for me. However, I have not been able to upgrade to my dream tank as I live on the second floor of a condo. Hopeful of moving into an actual house, I've been trying to learn as much as I can to do it right once I'm able to afford a house :turntable

I DIY a lot in what I can, here's a long thread on my 75 gallon tank build I started a couple years back, and yes; I'm ready for another upgrade!

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=535632

-Merv

Last edited:

lcstorc

Welcome to RS!
Lots of friendly helpful people here. Glad you decided to join us.
Beautiful tank and great DIY skills.
I look forward to your future posts.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Nice STUFF Concept3, Welcome to RS! hope you get a house soon so the diy can giddeeup! Steve

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Nice reef! I skimmed through your thread on RC. Can you explain more about the LED's you made? Thanks.

concept3

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Woodstock said:
Can you explain more about the LED's you made? Thanks.

the LED's I used were the ones you put on vehicles (aka fast+furious LOL) You can get them at any automotive parts store now, super cheap. all you have to do is wire them to a 12V powersource, and you are good to go. I've also seen some people use those 12V LED ropelights, they look like a better option since the housing is completely sealed. I don't think I'm placing LED's for moonlights with the new tank, I have the single LED that came with the tunze multicontroller.

RichT

Merv's a great guy as you'll all find out.
He's helped me out alot getting into the hobby as he has many, many others.

His photo skills are second to none as well.