Hermit with ugly shell + snail with pretty shell=Hermit with prety shell and no snail

Newjack

ok so about 2 weeks ago I noticed one of my margarita snails grew legs! I was like wtf! its like a teenage ninja mutant snail! I know cool right?

That would be cool but not the case. One of the blue/red leg hermits (the largest) took the shell and I never could find the snail without a shell so I assumed the emeralds ate it or something. The first thing I did was go to the LFS and get some empty shells. Well apparently they don't like them. This morning the lights come on and right front and center of the tank, there is a margarita snail upside down and a hermit on top. Get a closer look and it looks like hes eating it. obviously he is jealous of the alpha hermits new shell and wants one just like it.

I keep looking around and notice all my hermits are now in new margarita snail shells and my glass is pretty dirty on the inside. I have really never had to clean the inside glass. the snails always did a good job. Now I cant tell witch hermit is Fred or Wilma or Bobby Blue legs. They must not like the new shells I got them. there the right size variation...

Now that I think of it. I haven't seen my turbo snail in a while either. I wonder were he is. He is the biggest one so its hard to miss. Oh well I guess im off to the LFS for more snails....

How many snails do yall think I should have? I had 4 margaritas, a narssasous, turbo, and the stomtello HK. I cant spell them but im sure yall know.

I think im going to get some different color sharpies and recolor there shells. Pink for Wilma shes such a Barbie, orange for Fred and blue for Bobby Blue Legs. :turntable

I wish there was a device that attracted all living mobile things to the front of the tank. This way we could get a head count. We could call it the
Reef Whistle