HELP! Hermit Crab ID

foxymusik

Hi I wonder if anyone could ID this hermit crab, I bought him as a tiny Mexican Hermit, but as he’s grown I’ve noticed he has very big claws.

0e2842b90a519434433eb5600e5a4c3a.jpg
242b4089978ef81892adc8f0ad76e029.jpg

He’s quite placid and tends to avoid conflict, with the other hermits in my tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle99

Looks like a red leg to me.
Yup mostly harmless, but will eat snails, and take a shot in slow movers or bottom sleepers.
In my latest rebuild, I have 0 crabs, just snails and a sand sifting orange spit as my cleanup crew.
But everyone has different thinking on this one, but if you see someone just disappear, crabs are likely involved.....so just keep an eye...

foxymusik

Looks like a red leg to me.
Yup mostly harmless, but will eat snails, and take a shot in slow movers or bottom sleepers.
In my latest rebuild, I have 0 crabs, just snails and a sand sifting orange spit as my cleanup crew.
But everyone has different thinking on this one, but if you see someone just disappear, crabs are likely involved.....so just keep an eye...
Cheers, I did lose a new turbo a couple of days after he was introduced with his mate the pic. I keep them well fed and there’s plenty of new homes in tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle99

By homes you mean shells so they can trade when they grow.
It's not as much the short term kills, is the long term that got me.
since removed more than 14 months ago, have lost nothing, no snail, no star, no fish and not one coral is retracted.....hum?....