help!!

john

i just got home from work and my tank is really cloudy!!my snails are all clumped togethor in about five piles on top of each other and they are spitting out this white stuff! are they mating??did something get in my tank?? everything was fine about 4 hours ago,alls i did was stir up my coral substrate and clean the glass off.fish and corals seem to be fine. thanks for the help

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Sounds like they're spawning. Add carbon and do a water change. Hook up any micron filters if you have any.

baja_01

Do some good water changes, it may start to decomose too fast and set of a bacterial bloom, which can suck up most of the oxygen in the tank.

I have snails that puff out white clouds alot when they are mating. Also one time I was looking in one of my big tanks and I saw a huge bristle worm poke its head out of a rock and shoot a HUGE red cloud into the water and it clouded my tank for a bit but it cleared up quickly. My gobies seem to love the snail spawn episodes as they will eat the little balls in the white clouds sometimes.:)

john

how long will they mate and keep spitting the whit clouds out?? my tank looks terrible!! how often will they mate??