Help

Kevin Walker

Emergency :wit: :help1:

i have just come home to find my new anenome upside down in a rock
i have only had it 4 days seemed fine untill now,is it dyeing or hiding,
the rock it is in is in the middle of my tank so very difficult to get out,it is now coming out of side ,is he just moving

kevin

Welcome to Reef Sanctuary Kevin I have no experience with anemones so hopefully someone will give you some advice here or with a reply to your post in the anemone forum.

welcome.. I know you are new, but there is no need to make 2 differnet threads for the same topic in 2 different sections. I gave this answer in your other thread.
Need more info....
-Tank specs
-Light specs
-Parameters with numbers
-How long the tanks been running
-What type of anemone you have
-When you got it and the last time you fed it
-A picture would help greatly( try using a site like photobucket.com, upload it there, find its web address, copy and paste it into this forum with
around the link to show the photo)

Welcome to RS!

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Hi thanks for welcome, sorry about double posts!

Np, since its an anemone topic, lets stick with the thread that is the anemone forum, see you there.

Np, since its an anemone topic, lets stick with the thread that is the anemone forum, see you there.

Good idea - Best to use this thread for welcomes, and the below for advice on the anemome:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/anemones/63978-help.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin Walker

:wit:

Emergency :help1:

i have just come home to find my new anenome upside down in a rock
i have only had it 4 days seemed fine untill now,is it dyeing or hiding,
the rock it is in is in the middle of my tank so very difficult to get out,it is now coming out of side ,is he just moving

kevin

Slickcg33

Need more info....
-Tank specs
-Light specs
-Parameters with numbers
-How long the tanks been running
-What type of anemone you have
-When you got it and the last time you fed it
-A picture would help greatly( try using a site like photobucket.com, upload it there, find its web address, copy and paste it into this forum with
around the link to show the photo)

Kevin Walker

Hi thanks for your reply, anemone seems fine but is now travelling behind the rock, it appears to have passed through a small hole.
Just got the anemone at the weekend, white with lime tips, 2" trunk, not sure of specific name.
The tank is 20" deep, 30" high, 48" wide, water level 3" front top. Sump is 3' wide 16" deep, 17" high, approx 500+ ltrs in total.
Uv water steriliser, live rock & miracle mud in sump, phosphate reactor, protein skimmer, pump is 2300, tank full of live rock & sand, 4 x 6000 wave maker pumps, 2 x 3000 wave makers,
We feed corals once everyday with Gamma nutra plus
Stocked with ...
4 clown
2 pyjama cardinals
1 regal tang
1 yellow tang
1 bangaii cardinal
1 algae blenny
1 bicolour blenny
1 mandarin
1 wimpole fish
4 yellow tail damsels
2 dominoes
3 green chromis
1 royal gramma
1 black goby
1 file fish
1 blue starfish
1 urchin
2 cleaner shrimp
2 blood shrimp
hermit crab
turbo snails
Excellent water quality, great community tank, no hassle, friendly tankmates.
silversun lighing with 2 x 150watt metal halide, several leds & blue leds behind rocks.
Fish are fed on frozen, flake & pellets.
Tank was 2 years established when we bought it, we've had it 8 months, its been well maintained, water change fortnightly.
This is the first anemone weve added.
All the other corals and mushrooms are thriving and have grown & multiplied quite considerably.
A bit shocked at anemones movement, when first placed in tank it moved a few inches then settled, but came in today to find only a tiny part visible, obviously it had worked its way into a small hole & eventually passed completely through the rock.
Any anemone advice much appreciated, thanks
kevin

Slickcg33

Excellent water quality, great community tank, no hassle, friendly tankmates.
silversun lighing with 2 x 150watt metal halide, several leds & blue leds behind rocks.
kevin

Do you have the numbers for the water quality? salin temp ph nit nitra amm mag alk cal

When was the last time you changed the light bulbs? Are the Leds for astetics or are they powerfull with par value?

Do you dose anything?

I really need a pic of the nem if you can get it.

But you stated that its white, which is indicative of a bleached anemone (unhealthy anemone). Stay away from white anemones, you don’t buy white corals, same thing goes for nems!