Help

dne63

I need help getting any sort of leather coral frags to attach to l/r it seems no matter what way I try I can never seem to get them to take. I've tried the pin or tooth pick way , I've tried placing them between 2 pieces of l/r and rubber banding them together, I've tried putting the frags in a glass with a piece of l/r, I've tried using a piece of thread or fishing line , I've tried crazy glue gel and epoxey and I've tried putting the frag and with a piece of l/r in a mesh bag. The frags either seem to die where they are attached die in the glass, rought where the tooth pick or pin goes through same with the glue or epoxey NOTHING I seem to do seems to work , does anyone have a suggestion differant than what I have mentioned I am tired of getting nice frags only to have them die. I dont have any problem with any other frags just leather.:maddown: Help please , Dave E

lcstorc

I have been told (but have not tried) to cut the frag off of the parent colony and then allow to heal for several days (perhaps in a qt but not in the main display.) This allows the wound to partially heal. Then use superglue gell to attach to the rock.
I have still no been brave enough to cut mine but those are the instructions I was given by 2 people who have done it many times.

lgerold

I had a leather finger coral that suddenly decided to melt down. I cut several of the healthy fingers from the coral, stuck toothpicks through the bases of them, and gel superglued the toothpicks to the rock. I scattered them through the tank, and about half survived. I was most successful with those that had good, but not blasting current. I think that helps with preventing bacterial infections.

I do like the idea that Lynn gave.

fishheads

I have been told (but have not tried) to cut the frag off of the parent colony and then allow to heal for several days (perhaps in a qt but not in the main display.) This allows the wound to partially heal. Then use superglue gell to attach to the rock.
I have still no been brave enough to cut mine but those are the instructions I was given by 2 people who have done it many times.

this works, they dont slime as much....do you have a frag box???