Help with Xenias

saxman2008

Can anyone shed some light on what's going on with my coral? Relatively new to marine he was so open and active until a few days ago after water change :(

3e0762d40e0484439bad8634053cdc6f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

saxman2008

Hi! Salinity is maybe a bit low 1.021, ph 8.1, nitrate and phosphates 0, temp is 27 Celsius not grabbed an alkaline test yet...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DaveK

Can anyone shed some light on what's going on with my coral? Relatively new to marine he was so open and active until a few days ago after water change ...

The water change is your likely suspect. It is likely that you didn't quite match out the parameters on the new water verses old. This is critical when dealing with corals.

On Xenia, while this is considered a weed by some people, it can also fail for no obvious reason. It is a coral that seems to like water that is not quite perfect, as far nutrients in the water go. It is a coral that also like good water flow.

I think your corals will come back in a few days, just keep an eye on them for any signs of decay. This would mean the coral is dead in that area. If that does occur, you can frag off the good section and try to save those.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

some good advise ^