Help with this leather Kenya Tree coral

Franksix

reeftank10-22-1224_zpse30521f2.jpg
[/IMG]

This happened about a month ago. I lost his buddy (the other head) then and he has been drooping ever since. I just relocated him from the bottom left side to the upper middle. I have a stock RSM 130D. My nitrite and Nitrate levels are slightly high right now, but not in the danger zone. Any suggestions on how to help this little guy bounces back?

Roots

any measurable nitrite is a problem. Kenya trees will go through periods of retraction where they get sort of stiff and lose some color and drop some branches. It's one way that they reproduce. The dropped branches can attach and grow a new colony. As long as a small piece of the original colony remains it will grow new branches and form a colony again. If it's been retracted and melting away for a month though, you have a problem within your parameters somewhere. They can be damaged by more aggressive corals as well. What was it next to before you moved it?

Franksix

any measurable nitrite is a problem. Kenya trees will go through periods of retraction where they get sort of stiff and lose some color and drop some branches. It's one way that they reproduce. The dropped branches can attach and grow a new colony. As long as a small piece of the original colony remains it will grow new branches and form a colony again. If it's been retracted and melting away for a month though, you have a problem within your parameters somewhere. They can be damaged by more aggressive corals as well. What was it next to before you moved it?

It was on its own before I moved it. I placed it in an empty patch of rock I wanted to fill.

I'll keep working on the nitrite level.