Help with Refuge.

angnak

I have a 55gl refuge/sump under my 210 and I hve it sectioned off with acrylic partition walls. Left side being the where the water enters and where the skimmer and all that is, the middle is where the caulerpa and dsb will be going, and the return on the right. Some my problem is that there is a leak on each side at the bottom of the walls leaking into the dsb. I can not get my arm in there to seal this off. Does any one see a problem or future problem with this?

Pro_builder

I have a few question on this before I completely answer your question.
1: How bad are the leaks? Is it a Steady Stream or just seaping?

The reason that I ask is if something was to plug the overflow, and the leaks were large enough to keep water supplied to the pump you could overflow your tank, and have water on the floor.

2: Is this setup running now?
If not, now is the time to fix the leaks if you think that they could cause a problem.

Other than that foreseen problem, I don't think that you will have a problem.

angnak

It is more of a seap. The system is not running yet. I have tried to fix it many, many times. I just can't seem to get my arm in there good enough to get to the exact spot. I have slowed it down though. It is now a seap.

Pro_builder

Then I don't think I would worry about it. It is all still contained with in the sump, so no water on the floor problem.
I would let it go, if it was me.

TDEVIL

as stated above, i dont see a prob with this either

if it realy drives you nuts, you could use a straw

put the straw on the end of the glue tube and squirt it down to where you need it, then wet the straw and use it to smooth the glue, this will waste some glue but it is better than driving you nuts:D (kinda tired and my brain is shot) this is the only thing i could think of right now

TD

Pro_builder

You can also buy silicone in a small tube, if that will get you in there.
If it is Acrylic, and not looking for strength, you can take a syringe and a hard piece of airline tubing. hook the airline tubing to the syringe and heat the airline tubing to bend it to the formation that you need t be able to get to the leak.
Then suck out some PVC Glue into the syringe and then aply it to the leak slowly. I have done this too. It takes a few applications to get this done, since the PVC Glue it sorta thin. It will melt the Acrylic and seal the leak, it just doesn't have a strong holding ability on Acrylic.
Sorry I mis undertood, I didn't know it was driving you nuts to have this leak. :( You are a lot like me, I have to have everything perfect or it is time to redo it.

HTH