Help With Ocean Revive

mangomangodolly

Hi all,

I'm a newbie planning possibilities. Would this light work for an 18x18x24 Exo or 20G high?

Ocean Revive T247B Arctic-T247 120W LED Aquarium Light_Aquarium LED_OCEANREVIVE LED

I intend to house dart frogs. I'm pretty sure it's powerful enough but I'm not sure if the spectrum is right for the application since it's primarily intended for saltwater tanks.

Thanks

DaveK

Lighting for salt water systems usually contains a tremendous amount of blue light. The fixture your looking as is no exception. You could use it, but to do so you'd need to dial the blue way back. You also might find that this is a lot more light then you need. I can't tell because I have never tried to keep dart frogs and I don't know what they or any plants you would use with them would require.

Offhand, I think you would do better using lighting geared toward fresh water planted tanks, since their color spectrum is not as blue. Something like the AI Prime HD Freshwater should be nicely. If you want something less expensive, but also less controllable, consider LED strip lighting such as the Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED.