IMG_0919_zpscf401472.jpg

Trumpet After:

IMG_1042_zps1480e006.jpg

Hammer Before:

IMG_0944_zps925aa971.jpg

Hammer After:

IMG_1043_zps0cd9e43f.jpg

IMG_1044_zpsc5808f0d.jpg

My other corals (Zoanthid's, Mushroom's, Duncan's and kenya Tree) seem to be doing great. The Zoa's are growing new heads and the Duncan eats a lot.

I did a 15% water change on Monday and my salt is at 1.025, PH 8.0, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0 and Phosphate is at 0.

I use RODI water and my TDS are 0 in the storage container (Brute trash can). I do have a clean water sump pump and a drinking water hose in the can to pump out water at all times.
20130221_142804_zps18e78604.jpg

Do you think that could be leaching something into the water?

DaveK

That could easily be. You have brass fittings in the hose, and other metal fittings and parts on the sump pump.

Corals are very sensitive to any metals in the water, and salt water is highly corrosive.

Doogle

Ya looks like brass. No good, must remove it pronto & dump all that water, start over & do a good water change this time without the brass/copper poisoning.

jimv

It is just rodi water in there with no salt but I did not have a problem until I added the pump. I will try that and see what happens. Any better way to get the water out of the trash can and into a 5 gallon pail?

jimv

Also, would copper show up on the TDS meter, because the water the container still reads 0?