Help with ICH before a fight breaks out

Alright so here is the situation. I have an 80 gallon system and have recently added a regal tang to the mix (I am upgrading to a 225 setup next week as soon as the stand if finished). As you might have know already regals are ICH magnets. I also have a sailfin and yellow tang ad well as a pair of tr black clowns.
The regal tank is the only one showing the "white spots". The sailfin showed some a couple weeks ago, but has not had any since and non of the other fish have shown and signs of ich. Sooooo this is where the problem comes in.
My partner is convinced we should only separate the regal from the system and treat it alone. I insist that we if we take the regal out and treat it we need to do that with all the other fish as well. Since non of the other fish have never shown and signs, he does not see it necessary to pull them all, thus a complete and utter argument is bubbling right below the surface. I am getting mad because of the treatment I am convinced we should follow and he is getting mad because I do not wanna do it his way. I explain to be on the safe side we need to do it this way unless we want to loose hundreds of dollars worth of livestock.
I have also suggested we use these so called "Holistic" medications such as garlic. So, we have started using garlic, but I still think we need more than just that. Today I was reading up on Ruby Reefs Kick Ich since I have ready tons of reviews about saying it is a good product safe for reef systems. While the jury is still out, I do not have many corals (7 small frags that were given to us), so a loss in those would not be significant.
I have really run out of ways to try and treat this problem and he is just not listening to me. I am about to just start to over look the problem and if the fish all die it will be on his hands. I have just about ran out of resources to help with this and I do not know what to do.
I am aware that fish can build up a natural immunity to the little ichs swimming around in the water, and that is probably what our fish have built up, but do not know for sure since they have not shown any signs of it.
The regal tang is small (maybe an inch to 1.5") and she sleeps on the power head. Now I know all about ich because of researching and since the regal sleeps on the koralia then the cyst should blow away from where it sleeps thus reducing the "Hot Spot" for when the cyst falls off at night.
I run a UV sterilizer also, but he is convinced that since we have the UV light and treating food with garlic that the problem will go away on its on.
Again, I am about ready to stop trying and let their deaths be on his hand and hundreds of dollars literally flush down the toilet.

We have dealt with a case of Brook which took our first pair of clowns, which was really hard on us. This problem we are having is probably is stemming from that situation.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

leebca

I try not to judge people. However, I can make an exception in this case for your friend. Your friend is clueless regarding the facts about Marine Ich. If your friend is willing to learn, then start your friend (and yourself) reading.

Read this AND the referenced links: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/52236-curing-fish-marine-ich.html

I could list all the myths and wrong thinking you and your friend have had on this subject, but that would take me a long post and a half hour + in writing. All the truth is found in the above link AND in the links therein. Start reading until you find the words that address both you and your friend's misunderstandings.

Good luck! :wave:

brett1

sorry to hear, but ALL fish must be removed to quarintine and treated with cupramine,the tank must be left empty for 8 weeks,once fish have finished the 4 week treatment ,remove all traces of copper and start adding a pint of quarintine tank water night to cause all dormont eggs to hatch and die this is the only way and ALWAYS quarintine all new fish good luck