Help With Green chromis

ChitownRomeo

Can't figure out why all of a sudden after 7 months 1 of My Green Chromis is fighting my clowns. I had 4 but they killed 1 off and Now 1 of them is attacking my snowflake clowns. do they get that agressive?

SubRosa

Ha ha ha, the jokes on you! You got told the one about how Green Chromis are peaceful! They usually confine their aggression to each other, which is why very often a school of them will slowly dwindle down to a single individual, which lives a nice long life. The smallest tank I've been able to sustain a school of them in is a 5' x 3' 200 gal Deep Dimension. It is unusual to see the aggression directed towards other species, but given the situation you described, I'd be asking your question while looking at all of the Chromis swimming in a bucket.

Reefer85

How big are your chromis? I have 9 chromis that are smallish (1.5-1.75") and they don't even pick on each other let alone anyone else.. had them for about 4 months, and they coexist nicely with 2 clowns (one about 2", the other 1.5"), and 3 (much bigger) Tangs.

I would definitely be one telling you how peaceful these buggers are, but I wonder if they don't get mean and nasty when they get older...?

Edit: (oh the tank is 210 gallons)