Help with glare!

RDrink25

Only way I am getting the true color is to use the flash. When I do I get these results. How can I improve my tank shots?

P1020057.jpg

P1020059.jpg

P1020054.jpg

P1020062.jpg

tnwillia

here is one of many links I found on beating the glass glare. Have fun!

Taken from About.com Photography

"Your on-camera flash is not usually helpful with glass/plexiglass either. Because the flash fires directly ahead of the camera the reflection obscures the subject you wished to capture. To avoid this glare you need to increase the angle of the flash to the glass in relation to your camera. If your camera does not have an add-on flash option you can turn your camera (and yourself) at a 45 degree or better angle to the glass before taking an image. This can mean shooting upwards at a fish or shooting from the side. There can be some distortion of your subject with shooting this way but it should help avoid flash glare. If your camera accepts an add-on flash via hot shoe mount you can use a flash with a tilt head. By tilting the head of the flash at least 45 degrees you will move the position of the glare away from your lens."

Aquarium Photography

luisgo

First clean the glass when shooting the aquarium. There in the forst photo you can see the drops of water and salt on the glass! If you have good light you may try shooting without the flash and adjust color balance with a post processing software. I don't use a flash to take photos of my tank.