Help.with frag tank

fhcichlidss

I wanna start a frag tank out of my 29 gal biocube! What extra things will i.need the biocube has all.basic necessities. What frags are popular cheap and hardy.for beginners. ? I have done alot of.research so i know alot but still need help from a pro! Thanks! -Ricardo

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Which lights does your BC29 have? That would be the first limiting factor as to which coral you can keep.

without knowing the exact lighting specs you can keep:

Zoas
Leathers
Euphyllia
Green Star Polyps
Xenia
Kenya Tree

and if the lights are intense enough you may be able to keep some of the easier SPS (monti etc) but ONLY once you get the hang of coral and reefing as a whole.

DaveK

More to the point, what are your goals with having a frag tank? Get corals for sale and trade? Spread coral frags in your own display tank? This can make all the difference with how you set up your system.

fhcichlidss

More to the point, what are your goals with having a frag tank? Get corals for sale and trade? Spread coral frags in your own display tank? This can make all the difference with how you set up your system.
My main goal is to sell. What do you reccomended i start with? I want something nice but not too expensive.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Here is my best advice to you... start off small & easy... get a firm understanding of Reefing and Corals in general. Build a solid foundation of knowledge and experience on easy stuff and go from there. Very VERY few people are able to make $$ at this hobby because the hobby itself can take a lot of $$ to sustain a system for propagation. Go slow and grow as your knowledge/experience allows.

Go fast = crash hard.