help w/ ID

drknight

I recently noticed some white flower like things on a piece of LR. Anyone know what these are?
They close up if i poke at them.

ID.jpg

Also, I saw this crawling along the walls. it seems flat.

pod.jpg

Jewells

Not sure about the first one but the second one is a flat worm and you want to get rid of those asap before you get too many. You can take them out manually whenever you see one, others will have more ideas for you I haven't ever had them but know they are bad.

drknight

Not sure about the first one but the second one is a flat worm and you want to get rid of those asap before you get too many. You can take them out manually whenever you see one, others will have more ideas for you I haven't ever had them but know they are bad.

I'll have to try to remove it tonight if I see it. it was stuck pretty hard to the glass the last time I tried to move it.

seafansar

Not sure about the first. They look like mini upside down jellyfish!

The second looks like a chiton or key hole limpet. Would have to see the other side of the shell for a proper ID. Pretty sure they are reef and they WILL NOT let go of what they are attached to. It's their only line of defense against predators.

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
I think Sara is correct on the first pic, upside down jellyfish and second pic, Chiton. At least that is what it **seems without a better pic.

drknight

I think Sara is correct on the first pic, upside down jellyfish and second pic, Chiton. At least that is what it **seems without a better pic.

Thanks.. I think you are right about the second pic being a chiton. Not sure about the upside down jelly fish though.. it's quite small

id3.jpg

goldenmean

Second pic is a chilton.
I have had one in both my tanks and they have been fine reef inhabitants

Jewells

Sorry bout that, saw the word flat and didn't even think about the limpot, but I agree that it is not a flatworm, the flatworms aren't that hard to get out of there from what I hear. They can be sucked out with a hose.

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
But, Up-DSde Down Jellyfish are not born full grown :) And that new pic does not help much, need one form the top. However, based on that new pic it does not L@@K like a USDJF but does not mean is not either.