Help saving the colors of a Brain Coral

I picked up a brain coral yesterday that is looking pretty bleached. I was told that it will probably end up staying that way. If I hand feed, will this help save it? Also, what is best to feed it to bring the colors back out? Below is a pic:

IMAG0303.jpg

IMAG0297.jpg

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
You can target feed it Rod's Original, Cyclepeeze, Mysis, Larry's Reef Frenzy, Oyster Feast and or any combination of those or so many other foods. Wait till about an hour after lights out and you'll see its tentacles extending searching for food.

I have no idea. I got it yesterday from a LFS. Got it for $7 since the colors are almost gone. I was told I might be able to get the colors back. That is what I want to try now.

subaqua

Mine did the same thing. LFS told me to put it at the bottom of the tank since my strong lights bleached them. I found a place under a rock and it is little better now but still full color never came back.. I hope this helps..

Wretched

Of course you can color that baby up, place it on your sandbed with a medium flow, syringe feed it with some aminos/probiotic foods. As long as your params are correct, it should color up. Mine did :) When I feed my LPS I mix... Reef Keef(A food made from a friend), reef roids, Brightwell Aquatics CoralAmino, and 2 water bottle caps of Phyto(nannochloropis) I do this twice weekly. Also, I turn off my pumps/mp10 for 1 hour and still run skimmer.