Help Ritteri Not Opening

Shark Bait

Ok I've be calm for a few days now but my ritteri has not reopned yet. It is still footed to his rock but his tenticals are just laying limp. My marron and saddle back are both trying to host but the ritteri is not reall reponding. What could e the cause help me please? I checked my levels and everything seems normal.

He might be adjusting to the different type of lighting you have in your tank versus what the LFS had him under. It usually takes 7-10 days for my stuff to adjust to my MH, because my LFS keeps all their livestock under power compacts. I'd try getting him some shade under some rocks and slowly bring him into full light.

johnlewis

Does its tissue appear to have and damage, or fluids leaking ? Does it seam to have taken in water to its body ? If the body is in good condition and it has not taken it water its most likely just getting accustomed to the tank. How long did you take to acclimate it ?

BoomerD

IMO, he's just pushed this too fast for the good of his creatures...According to the posts here and over at the RAG, he started this tank back in March...5 months is way too new of a tank for any anemones, let alone any of the more difficult ones. The standard recommendation is NO anemones in a tank until it's at least 1 year old, to allow the tank to mature, and in the case of new hobbyists, to allow the hobbyist time to learn about the animals in his/her care, and how best to take care of a marine aquarium...
From the pictures he's posted on the RAG, I'm not sure about this one...
aed.jpg

He lost a rose BTA , I think in this same tank, maybe last week (?)
There might be things we don't know about going on, but I just suspect it's new tank problems more than anything...

Too bad, this is/was a beautiful anemone...hopefully it will pull through...

Last edited:

Maxx

Ritteri's are a delicate anemone and one of the harder ones to keep at all, let a lone in a newer tank. I'm honestly not familiar w/ the stats on this tank, but if it is newer, then you've got a tough time ahead of you.
Ritteri anemones also NEED high flow to survive. They require high intensity light, and good flow past their tentacles. You might try pointing a powerhead to blow water past it, but NOT on it or directly at it. It should sway with the current.
Good luck,
Nick