Help Quick!!!!

ok i have a blackbanded cat shark and he was perfect until today...he is now curling up in a ball...dragging his head like its 2 heavy for him to carry...keeps trying to swim but lays sideways and sometimes upside down(which is concerning me deaply) i thnk he is dying...is there ANYTHING i can do to help him...freshwater dip? anytype of treatment? ANYTHING??? Please respond ASAP

Sorry to hear about your shark. But we need to know more about your tank. parameters? what else is in the tank? how large is your tank? Any shark needs at least 250+ gallons IMO.

well its a baby so ive asked around and looked and researched and i have a 115 gal but they all say its fine...i have just a few friendly other fish...a few tangs...a puffer...clowns dwarf angel but they all leave him alone so i know its not about the other fish in the tank...he is prob like 2 months old or so...eating healthy...but i just notice that the PH was low so i fixed it but now its kinda high so i am about to lower the PH now

reefsmoker

Don't buy sharks in the future, unless captive breed(umm hard to come by) with years and years of marine experience under your belt, then maybe.....

ok my stupid mom put the what if the PH is too high...i told her not 2 but apparantly she did...ok well my PH was about 8.0 maybe alittle lower but i raised it 2 high and it got to about 8.6 and so i went to the store and got a PH thing that makes it right at 8.2 and now its back to 8.2 so thats fine and the shark actually looks ALITTLE bit better but still not himself...what else do you need to know...

lcstorc

Sharks are just not my thing, but you really need to stop making blind adjustments of the chemistry of your tank.
Before making any adjustments (buffers or any additives) you need to get all of your basic parameters including calcium, alk, and mag. These all work with your ph and adjusting one without knowing the values of the others can be self defeating or even harmful. Example: Most PH buffers add alk. If your alk is already high you will simply make the problem worse. Also the up and down is more harmful that the level being off to begin with. Anytime you make an adjustment, do it slowly and wait for things to stabilize before making additional adjustments.
Check out the chemistry forum for links with the desired values for everything.