HELP! Need RO/DI water but can't find any because store closed early today!

jake9015

Need RO/DI water but can't find any because store closed early today! I'm going on a business trip and wife doesn't know how to do anything for the tank. Anyone know if deionized water will work? Or distilled? I need a substitute of water! Please help

reefrunner

Contributing Member
jake9015 said:
Need RO/DI water but can't find any because store closed early today! I'm going on a business trip and wife doesn't know how to do anything for the tank. Anyone know if deionized water will work? Or distilled? I need a substitute of water! Please help

The DI in RO/DI stands for deionized. ;-) if you have access to deionized water...that should be fine, distilled water will work in a pinch also.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
Whatever grocery store you have should have a purified water machine. That's RODI. By me, one gallon costs $0.69. :D

jake9015

No grocery store has any! They sell gallon jugs of purified but is that better than distilled? And will distilled ruin my tank

reefrunner

Contributing Member
jake9015 said:
No grocery store has any! They sell gallon jugs of purified but is that better than distilled? And will distilled ruin my tank

Read the label, walmarts distilled water is RO purified as well. Distilled will not ruin your tank the biggest danger with distilled is if it's distilled with copped tubing, if it's RO purified, then no worries about that.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner