Help me decide a damsel's fate!

I have a 55 going reef this week, first addition will be zoas. There is a black velvet damsel that is around 4+ " in the tank. I have been reading & seems that it would not be reef safe, unless I'm wrong someone let me know. I've had this fish for probably around 4 years. I know everyone hates damsels, but I've kinda gotten attached to him & yes he is an ahole. I also have a 125 with a lion, stars & strips puffer & lime green wrasse, all around 10-12". So should I just try to give him away or see if he can make it with the big boys??? Just want to see what everyone thinks. Honestly I dont know if I have the heart to put him in the big tank, but I really dont wont to get rid of him either! This is just a thought, not a plan, so be nice, lol.

blue_eyes53813

A hard decision... Do you have a sump or fuge he can go into? He might not even bother the zoanthids at all... If you dont want to trust him in with the big boys.. Than I vote sump/fuge or find him a new home...

Thank you, that is what I was hoping someone would say, let him try it with the zoas. I dont think the sump/fuge would be big enough. I have already had to give away my bigger hermit crabs because I'm going reef. I thought aggressive tanks were hard, always hearing "you cant have that", seems like reef is gonna be the same way too! Least I'm used to it!

I do have blue legs. The others big were big & trying to catch the smaller fish, which they succeeded twice. This is all that is left in that tank now:
1 sabae clown
1 false percula clown
the damsel
blue legs
snails

Are all these okay also?