Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Buy the acrylic tank for $100!

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Stick with your glass tank!

Votes: 17 26.6%

• Total voters

dianezoo

Ive never owned an acrylic tank but..
I know Small scratches can be buffed out of them using a special compound. Of coarse the tank has to be empty to do that. Depending on skill, the scratch may not show afterwards.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Over the years I have had 3 tanks leak and one explode! all 3 of them were glass. My house currently has 2,500 square feet of wood flooring and a happy wife!

Ditto ! The clarity, strenght and ease of drilling of an acrylic tank is the reason why I opted for one but no doubt it does scatch easily if your not careful but glass also scratches and it cannot be removed.

Of coarse the tank has to be empty to do that.

No it doesn't.

LadyAqua

Definitely GLASS! Acrylic scratches so horribly!:doh: Every time you clean you are afraid you may scratch it more, it's very depressing and makes it less fun.

:winner: GLASS!!!!

Jerome

I enjoy my acrylic tank, and agree bare bottom reduces the possibility of scratches; you just have to be careful. I have scratched acrylic tanks before and it only takes 10 minutes to remove them in my experience. I also have had glass tanks which you still can scratch and if you do there isn't any easy method of removing them that I know of. The key is stay away from sand and go bare bottom and it's very easy to keep it scratch free in my opinion.

Blurp

I've never used acrylic, but heard (apart from scratches) that it suffers more from expansion when heated...Just go for it as a sump or similar tank not to be displayed...Obviously the price is great...