HELP!!!! Fungus

blondie323

Hi all

Can someone please tell me the best way to get rid of fungus on my queen angels fin and side....impossible to get her out of the tank to qt

lcstorc

Try using an acrylic fish trap to catch her and put in QT. You don't want to treat in the display.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Sorry to hear that... trapping and treating is the best solution.

Good Luck!

fungus_amongus.jpg

Scouter Steve

Are you sure it is a fungus or is it viral Lympo something or other. No cure and works it self out with a good diet and good water.

blondie323

i have been trying to get a pic, but.......if you would like a pic of the left side of her (the side not affected) i have some nice one's...lol won't help much though

It look's like it would if you took a cotton ball and ran it across 5 oclock shodow.. ya know the fluff from the cotton ball.

Can someone recomend a good medication that is reef safe as traping is really not an option here

Scouter Steve

Looks like what I had and was called Lympocitis or something like that. Feed a good diet and keep up with water changes. It is viral and will go away on it's own as long as all else is well.

blondie323

I have noticed that it is getting worse and has spread to her tail...also i think my naso is getting it. My lfs said to treat with Melafix...I hope that will work. If anyone has any other sugestions medication wise please let me know a.s.a.p...I would hate to loose such a beautiful fish