HELP ! everythings dying...i think ich??

crazy bizzle

I hope someone can help me with this, I noticed 3 days ago that my fish possibly have ich ( white spots around gills fins and milky coating around some parts) still eating and acting normal besides hiding a bit more. now this wasnt around up until 3 days ago that i noticed any spots at all, and all of a sudden my mandarin is dead this morning and just now my yellow tang is dead. my question is would ich kill them this quick its not like they were covered in it at all just a bit or did my tang possibly die from the manadarin's poison when he died because they always hang out together and he was near his dead body when i found him. or all toghether could this be flukes? just in case someone yells at me all my levels are in perfect range i dont need to list them trust me. I just started treating my clowns and chromis with kordon ich attack hopefully this works if this is it at all any input would be great

crazy bizzle

60 gal
60 pounds live rock
3 months old
ph 8.0
ammonia 0
no3 0
no2 0
salinity/gravity 31/1.023
calcium 420
alk 3.0
temp 79
fluval 205 canister--- coralife super protein skimmer-2 48" 10k 2 36" super actinic
2 korlia 1000 gph wavemakers
also have in there hairy mushroom ,pusing xenia assorted zoas and buttons, 2 clowns 2 chromis lawnmower bleeny ,cleaner shrimp 15 hermits 2 mexican turbos and baby sea hair

Last edited:
What test kits are you using? It is highly unlikely that NO3 will ever read 0 especially in a tank that is 3 months old. Also what are you using to test your sg? Hydrometers seems fairly inaccurate (reason said is because awhile back my water tested 1.022 with one and it was actually 1.030, since moved to a refractometer).

lcstorc

Ich is a parasite that can only be killed by copper, hyposalinity, or leaving your tank without fish for 8 weeks and maintaining a proper QT procedure for all new purchases.
The white spots are only the visible sign of the parasiite. The fish could have been infected for weeks or months so that definitely could and probably is the cause of death.
To the best of my knowledge mandarins are not poisenous they just have a slime coat that tastes bad to other fish.

crazy bizzle

im using the api reef kit and i am usiing a hydrometer. if anything no3 is at 1.5 colours all match up with kit? i dunno cause now this morning my blenny is not moving on his rock i put in qt and he's breathing hard and trying to swim just looks like he cant do it.

I just went through a terrible ammonia spike in my tank from stirring up the sand bed. My API test was at 1ppm, but I took a sample into an lfs that I trust dearly and we used several different kits to test, and they all read around 2ppm. Even used the control water tests from other kits that have a known value on the api kit and it was all fuggered up not reading a thing when the others matched their control tests ... just to give you an idea on how unreliable api test kits are. JMO of course

I just went through a terrible ammonia spike in my tank from stirring up the sand bed. My API test was at 1ppm, but I took a sample into an lfs that I trust dearly and we used several different kits to test, and they all read around 2ppm. Even used the control water tests from other kits that have a known value on the api kit and it was all fuggered up not reading a thing when the others matched their control tests ... just to give you an idea on how unreliable api test kits are. JMO of course

Last edited:
A better brand would be seachem, but if I had the money to replace all of my kits I would go with salifert or elos. I can't tell you what is going on in your tank, but I do know how unreliable some kits are.