Hello

dustypop

I found this site while searching for a solution to a skimmer problem. I hope to be helpful and to learn from the postings as well.
Dusty

dustypop

A little more info on my setup. I have a 120 gal. reef and fish. Just recently upgraded from a 55 gal.
Dusty

1 yellow tang
1 foxface
2 domino damsels
1 yellowtail damsel
2 percula clowns
1 lawnmower blenny
2 peppermint shrimp
1 6 line wrasse
several assorted hermit crabs and snails.
several soft corals.

Last edited:

dustypop

Thanks for the welcome guys.

4 T5 retrofits
1 hydor Koralia #4
1 Koralia Magnum #6
Vortex 180 protein skimmer
Phosban 150 phosphate reactor
not sure of the main pump but it is more than sufficient.
I just added the phosphate reactor, the Magnum powerhead and a Sea Hare yesterday. My tank is still new. Ive had some algae problems which they tell me are due to being a new system. It looks better all the time. Ill post some photos later.
Im still learning this consuming hobby.

Mya

You will alway be learning it seems and feels but that's part of what makes it exciting.

Post up some pics when you have the time.
You're tank sounds like a pretty good set up. Only thing I hear is that you might have added the fish to early or caused a cycle when you upgraded. But I could be wrong... Im for sure not the pro around here.

You're search might have begun with a simple skimmer question but feel free to ask/post/comment on most anything around the site.

Oh, btw... Did I mention pics? Haha. Ya, pics! ASAP! Pics Pics Pics!

dustypop

1st try.

view.sfly

Mya

I use imageshack.us
You can post up with it as well just be sure to get the right code when you post.. or you make the forum crazy sized...