Hello

Koda2007

Hello to everyone,

Just found this site and it looks a very friendly and informative place.

My Reef is 120g (uk gallon )
It is an Aqua Medic 120.
300 watts metal halide 14000k
110 watts T5 Aquablue+ ( 60/40 mix of 6000k and 22000K )
Deltec mce 600 skimmer
30x water turnover
Aqua medic nitrate reductor ( closed 1000 unit ) with p3000 doing pump
Aqua medic calcium reactor
Masive amount of live rock
Small sump with cheato + other macro algae

Temp 78
sg 1.025
Ammonia 0
nitrite 0
Nitrate 20 ( hence nitrate reductor )
Phosphate 0 - 0.1
Calcium 450ppm
Magnesium 1300ppm
DKh 9
Ph 8.2

!0% - 15% water changes done weekly with R/O water and Red Sea coral pro alt.

Live stock are mainly softies but desparately want to keep sps but that is another story.

Koda2007

Thank for all the replies,

Will post some pictures soon ( promise ). Not overly proud of my reef at the minute. Although my water parameters are not too bad and everthing I have is healthy and growing ( some at a frightening rate ) they are not what I would like to be keeping. That is one of the reaons I have joined this forum, for advice. This may be from old posts but also from quetions posted myelf aswell.

Thanks in advance and I do hope I may be able to help others awell.

bennyjet

Welcome.

I just joined and it is a great place. Tons of knowledge here. I am just starting off with a 24 gal aqua pod and I am really excited. I am already planning on getting a bigger tank when i become more experienced. I am hooked. :welcomera

Koda2007

Thanks to Goldenmean, Gina and Michelle for your welcome.

I have spent all afternoon looking over the different forums and may I say what a friendly helpful place you have here.
Just a little about myself. Been an aquarist for 30+ years ( I was a baby when I started ) mostly freshwater but kept marines for about 5 years in the early 80's. Came back to marines about 4 years ago and boy how things have changed. So to all intents I am a newbie again.
Am also allowed to say how jealous I am of you all, you really are fortunate in the wide choice of corals you are able to purchase aswell as the stunning colours.
I have visited the U.S on a number of occasion and always find time to visit a store. I alway leave with my jaw dropping and green with envy. On the same note coming to Florida ( Orlando ) again, does anyone know of any good places to visit. Prepared to travel. The kids get Disney and Seaworld I get a trip to a shop or 2. The sacrifices I have to make.

Koda2007

Just posted a couple of pics in my gallery for those who were asking.

The sarcophyton is over 15 inches across when open fully and has grown from about the size of a tennis ball to the above size in 2 years.

The Blue Xenia was purchased 3 weeks ago and was on the tiniest piece of rock, hence the bands to attach to other rock. It has actually spread in the 3 weeks to fill the rock it was on.

The Bali white xenia I have had for 6 weeks and was 2 pieces at either end of rock. It has now grown and split itself naturally down the trunk into 6 pieces.

Just setting up a new frag tank for some serious fragging.

I apologise for the photos but had to take them on cheap camera as my card reader for my camera is missing. Hope to get some better pictures soon.

lcstorc

Here are your pics. You can scroll down the page with the pic to the copy button by the img tag. Copy that any paste into your post to have the pics show up like this.
3.JPG

11.JPG

21.JPG

Koda2007

Thanks Lynn,

Sorry not a computer geek yet but working at it.
I apologise not to have thanked you earlier but had a bit of a rough weekend.

A big hello to all the new members over the weekend, sorry I was not around to say hello personally. I hope you feel as welcomed as I did.